MISA BC sends members of its executive and committees to conferences so that they may “learn, network and share”. Conference attendees are accountable for the following:
- Note and report on host conference organizing ideas/practices; hosting chapter initiatives, progress, challenges; and operating ideas/practices that may benefit MISA BC.
- Prepare a summary report of conference for executive and for general member communication.
- Working with the communications chair share summary report to general membership.
- Share information on MISA BC initiatives, progress and challenges with host executive and explore opportunities to work on initiatives that are beneficial to both.
- Where possible, provide host conference attendees with a short update on MISA BC initiatives and activities.
- Attend hosting chapter’s executive meeting, sessions and social functions, networking with conference delegates, both municipal and vendor, raising the profile of MISA BC and encouraging attendance at MISA BC Fall conference.
Barbara Davey, MISA BC President and Chris Mazzotta, MISA BC Vice President, represented MISA BC in Halifax and attended:
- MISA/ASIM Canada 2016-2020 Strategic Planning session
- MCIO Summit (which included PSCIO Update)
- MISA Atlantic Conference 2015
Here are their reports:
Tom Diersch, MISA/ASIM Canada Liaison Chair attended the 2016 Canadian Public Sector Lean Summit in Fredericton NB. Report: MISA Atlantic 2016